Jan 5, 2008

Are You Tired of Wearing Your Husbands Sweatshirts?

This is my story. I was in the position of not wanting to leave my house and when I had to I would wear my husbands sweatshirts so that they would cover the bulges that overflowed my pants (which of course hurt because they were way to tight). Therefore I left the house only when I had to (to get groceries and to pick up and drop off my kids as needed).
I got to the point that I wanted to loss weight so badly that I was secretly buying the "magic pills" over the Internet, if I did it in secret then nobody could be disappointed in me for failing yet again. I even got to the point where I ignored the health warning and convinced myself that if I could stop taking them, they wouldn't have a chance to do any real damage to my body.
Anyways my husband started working away from home so I thought this is my chance to get my body under control. I found a program that I was of course skeptical about but I thought at this point I can't loss anymore self respect by failing again. The thing that I like about the program the most is that I didn't have to leave my house to do the exercises because in order to join a gym outside my home I would have to lose weight so that I wouldn't be embarrassed to be there.
I find the program fits easily into my life. The exercise program can be done in 15 minutes a day and I can sneak it in when my kids are getting ready for school in the mornings.
The eating portion of the program actually works better than what I was doing before because eating 5 smaller meals (some are snacks) fits into my running around life style. The important part for me was that I don't have to go out and buy a bunch of crazy food that my kids won't touch, they actually like the meals that I prepare.
The long and short of it is my husband was gone for 63 days and in that time I lost 23lbs, I went done two jean sizes and one bra size. More importantly for me was I was able to give my husband back all of his cloths. The other big thing was that when he was home we all went to the swimming pool together as a family (we haven't done that in over 9 years). I am by no means a super model (not that I want to be) but I am half way to my goal weight and I don't consider myself to be on a diet. I have change my life style and therefore don't feel that I am missing out on anything because I now make the choice to live for the first time in a long time.
If you would like more information on the program go to: http://www.fitbusymoms.com/.

No comments: